Interview Question – “Why do you want this job?”
You’ve landed an interview for your dream job. Congratulations! Now comes the hard part – preparing for the interview. One of the questions you’re sure to be asked is “Why do you want this job?” Here’s how to answer it so that you make a great impression on the hiring manager.
How to answer the question
In an interview, employers will often ask you why you want the job. It can be a difficult question to answer, especially if you’re not sure what the employer is looking for.
Here are some tips on how to answer the question:
– Do your research: Before the interview, research the company and the position. This will help you understand what they are looking for in a candidate and why you would be a good fit.
– Be honest: In your answer, be honest about your reasons for wanting the job. If you’re passionate about the company’s mission or the work they do, say so. If you’re excited about the opportunity to learn and grow in the role, say that.
– Highlight your qualifications: In your answer, be sure to highlight your qualifications and experience that make you a good fit for the job. If you have relevant skills or experience, mention that as well.
– Keep it positive: Even if you’re not 100% sure why you want the job, keep your answer positive. Focus on what you like about the company and the role, and avoid saying anything negative about your current situation or previous job.
What the interviewer is looking for
The interviewer is looking for a few key things when they ask this question. They want to know that you have a genuine interest in the role and that you have done your research on the company. They also want to see that you are ambitious and have clear career goals. Finally, they want to know that you are a good fit for the team and culture.
Answering this question well can be the difference between getting the job and being passed over. So take some time to prepare your answer and really sell yourself!
Examples of good answers
1. I want this job because it offers the opportunity to use my skills and abilities to make a contribution to the company.
2. I am attracted to this job because it is a challenging position that will allow me to grow and develop professionally.
3. This job represents an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team.
4. I want this job because it offers the chance to work with some of the best people in the industry.
5. I am motivated by the prospect of working for a company that is at the forefront of its industry.
Examples of bad answers
“I need a job.”
“I want to make money.”
“I hate my current job.”
“I’m bored and want a change.”
“I saw the job posting and it looked interesting.”
These are all terrible answers to the question, “Why do you want this job?”
When an interviewer asks you why you want the job, they are looking for more than just a simple, one-sentence answer. They want to know what motivates you and what makes you excited about the opportunity.
Answers like, “I need a job,” or, “I want to make money,” show that you are not really interested in the position or the company. These answers also make it seem like you would be willing to leave the company as soon as a better opportunity comes along.
On the other hand, an answer like, “I saw the job posting and it looked interesting,” shows that you have done your research and are genuinely interested in the role. This is the type of answer that will impress an interviewer and help you get the job.
The “Why do you want this job?” question is difficult to answer if you don’t have a good reason. In order to come up with a great response, take some time to research the company and position ahead of time. By doing this, you can tailor your answer to show how your skills and experiences make you the perfect candidate for the role.
Be specific and honest in your response, and avoid sounding like you’re repeating what’s on the job posting. If you can nail this question, it will go a long way in showing that you’re truly passionate about the role and excited to join the team.